Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Quick and Easy Korean Bolgolgi

The other night I made a Korean dish called "Bolgolgi" (known as the Korean BBQ). I had this for the first time back in 2004 with a good friend of mine, Brian, who is half Korean and eats practically anything in that genre. He had a Bolgolgi recipe and that is where I got this from. It's been a few years since I have made it - but Don requested the dish - mainly because a few week previously we went to a local Korean restaurant called Seoul, and had the Bolgolgi there....and it was AWESOME. My dish did not look real pretty though, sorry. I normally would have gotten a nice high quality meat and thinly sliced into long lengths - (like thin and long jerky)....but the meat I bought was...well, was "on sale". haha... Sorry Don! So not as tender or juicy, and short strips instead of long....still tasty though.

Recipe:
  • 1-1/4lb Thinly sliced meat/steak
  • 4 Scallions
  • 3 Garlic Cloves - crushed and finely chopped
  • 1 Tbs Soy Sauce (I added actually about 1/2 Cup!)
  • 2 tsp Rice wine
  • 1 -2 Tbs Sesame Oil
  • 2 Tbs Sugar
  • Freshly ground black pepper - sprinkled over-
I took a large ziplock bag and added all the ingredients in and mixed around. Then after I thinly sliced all my meat I added that to the bag. Shake, Squish and Mix all around really well - then put in the fridge for 10 or some mins. This helps with marinating.
Now cook up your meat on a skillet or wok and serve with rice and veggies... or kimchi and watermelon. Mmmmmmm :) Enjoy~


No comments:

Post a Comment