Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Cinnamon Pear Muffins

Sorry I am behind on some of my posts. I have always enjoyed making these since I discovered the recipe from the P90X nutrition book. I have modified it a bit for the ingredients I had in my house that day and have kept it the same ever since. They are delicious for a morning snack and freeze well for later enjoyment.


Recipe:
Oven @ 350F
Whisk together:
3/4 Cup canned pear juice
2 Egg Whites
2 Tbs Vegetable Oil
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
Then Stir In:
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2/3 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Can of pears (the pears inside the can you used the pear juice from! silly...)Be sure to cut up into pieces the pears!
((Optional:: 1/2 Cup low fat granola, or 1/2 Cup Oatmeal))

Now the batter should be lumpy...and yummy to the taste. Not that I ever eat the raw batter, ha! that's just unheard of....uh....ummm, yeah....

Dish out into your muffin tray (which you already sprayed heavily with Pam or use a muffin paper cup)

Toss in the oven for about 16-20 mins (watch, don't burn them! Your oven might cook very hot) and enjoy them nice and warm! Scrumptious!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment