Monday, March 28, 2011

Sloppy Joes

Okay, so this is not really a gourmet wowzers type meal; but it was fun and something Don had been craving for some time now. I did not even do a sloppy Joe recipe completly homemade either! haha Whoops... but here is what I did do. ....and P.S. Carter LOVED it! *Kid Approved*
(Oh man, sorry for the *paper plate and half eaten picture!* haha, I almost forgot to document it and I had already cleaned the whole kitchen and didn't want plates to clean again. ....some might call it lazy. I just call it efficient! :-P


Recipe:
1 Package of McCormick Sloppy Joes seasoning1 8 oz can of Tomato Paste
1 Lb of Lean Beef (we use lean, but whatever)
Water
Hamburger Buns

1. Cook your ground hamburger thoroughly. Drain the fat out and place back on low heat.
2. Add the seasoning packet along with the tomato paste and required water (1 and 1/4 Cup I believe).
3. Cook till mixture has thickened up a bit.
4. Open bag of Buns.
5. Smile because you are making Sloppy Joes.
6. Dish out meat mixture onto buns.
7. Drool.
8. SERVE UP! I made served mine with some Bushs baked beans (which Carter was not a huge fan of, though he loves black beans) and with some Curly fries. YUM...was a fun meal, and very filling. :) Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment