Sunday, February 20, 2011

Thai Chicken Pizza

So I was in a Pizza mood but didn't want to order out or buy one.....even though I LOVE DiGiornos "Stuffed Crust" pizzas! (*drool*) I really have a problem with cheese and bread. Yikes! Anyway...wanting to venture out into the unknown I decided upon an interesting piece; a Thai flavored pizza! First reactions anyone? Well let me sum it up as an:
"Acquired YUM"
At first when I bit into it I was like...uh, hmmm (seriously, that's what I said). And then dished out some onto a plate, wrapped it and brought it to Don who was still studying on campus.

Me:"Here ya go Honey! *kiss*"
Don: "Mmmmm Pizza!"

Me: "Uhmmm, yeah. Though, honey, it tastes a little different. I experimented in the Thai genre, so be open minded with the flavors...oh, and the crust is homemade too and I probably should have cooked it longer."

Don: "Okay, well I am sure it is good. Thanks Ash. OHHHH is that a chocolate bar!!??"

(A.D.D.? ...ha, nope. I always include a treat...and who would'nt react to a c.bar? seriously...)

And there ya have it folks. A glimpse into my life. Now, onto the recipe. Perhaps the above did not sound like a 5 star rating for this dish but it was actually very good. It was different, and at first I did not care for it -probably because I am not use to ginger and peanut butter on my pizza- but it mixed well and brought a new yummy spin on a normally boring pizza. So I do recommend it to try! We did eat all the leftovers....so, that does say something!
RECIPES:

Pizza Crust-
(oven on at 400F)
  • 2.5-3 Cups of Flour
  • 1 package of Active Dry Yeast (I always use 1 Tbs of dry yeast from the jar)
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1 C warm water (120-130F)
  • 2 Tbs of Olive Oil
In a large bowl combine 1 and 1/4 Cup Flour with all the above ingredients. Mix well with an electric mixer or wooden spoon. (I normally use an over-sized mixing fork). Now add in as much of the remaining flour as possible (don't make it too dry though!)
Knead dough into a smooth and elastic ball and place in a greased bowl, covered, for about 10-15 mins. After the dough has risen punch down and roll out on a flat cooking sheet to a round circle. (remember to use your parchment paper from a previous entry!! Saves cleaning and dough sticking).
Stick that good looking homemade pizza crust in the oven for about 10-15 mins. Just until the crust starts to golden.

Thai Chicken Sauce:
I took about 2 chicken breasts (boneless/skinless of course), cooked thoroughly and then shredded.
  • 1/4 cup(s) smooth natural peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoon(s) water
  • 2 teaspoon(s) soy sauce
  • 2 teaspoon(s) rice vinegar
  • 2 teaspoon(s) minced fresh ginger
  • 1 clove(s) garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon(s) canola oil
  • 1 green pepper
  • 4 scallions, thinly sliced (I excluded these - forgot to buy- whoops!)
  • shredded cheese
Take all the above ingredients (except for the green pepper) and mix them together in a bowl. Spread the mixture over the pizza crust, leaving just a little in the bowl to mix your shredded chicken around in--not much is needed for the chicken, so don't worry -- lather that crust up well! Toss the chicken into the rest of the sauce and mix around. Place the chicken evenly over the pizza then take the bell pepper and slice up and sprinkle over the chicken. Now put cheese over the top and stick back in the over for about 11-13mins. Mmmmm Enjoy~


No comments:

Post a Comment