Monday, September 12, 2011

Teriyaki Turkey Tenderloins

I decided we had not had Turkey in a great while so it was time t hunt for a recipe and cook on up! I found this Teriyaki recipe in my Better Homes and Garden book and thought it sounded good. ...and boy, it was! My husband AND son devoured it, and I have given it great marks in the margins of the cook book. A keeper for sure...


Recipe:
1 lb Turkey breast tenderloins
1/4 Cup Soy sauce
2 Tbs Packed Brown Sugar
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 Tbs Cooking Oil
1 Tsp Ginger
1 Clove garlic, minced

1. Place turkey tenderloins in a resealable plastic bag and set in a shallow dish. For marinade, in a small bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, oil, ginger and garlic. Pour marinade over turkeyl seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning once.

2. Now it listed in the recipe for cooking this:
For a charcoal grill, grill turkey on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 16 to 20 mins or until turkey is no longer pink (170F), turning once and brushing with marinade halfway through cooking. (for a gas grill, preheat grill. reduce heat to medium. Place turkey on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.

3. What I did:
I turned my broil on hot, layered my pan (edged cookie sheet) with tin foil. Placed my tenderloins on, and poured marinade from bag over turkey. Set the oven rack on highest setting (close to heat coils) and placed them in the oven. I broiled for 7 mins, took out and flipped turkey, and placed back in oven for another 7 mins. They were perfect, and tasted fantastic!

:) Good luck~

No comments:

Post a Comment