Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pumpkin Cookies and Frosting

Now I got this recipe back in college from my room-mate Valerie. They are sooo moist, soft and flavorful! This is a must during the Fall season...and when I need a little holiday feel during the rest of the year. I was browsing through my pantry the other day and saw a can of pumpkin and thought it needed to be put to work. The outcome? YUMMINESS.


Cookie Recipe:
2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Sugar

1 Cup Butter
1 Egg
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 tsp Vanilla

Frosting Recipe:
2 Tbs Butter
4 Tbs Milk
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Powder Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla

1. Preheat oven to 350F

2.Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla -- sift dry ingredients and slowly add to the creamed ingredients.

4. Spoon onto baking sheet (greased, or layered with parchment paper)

5. Bake for 10-12 mins (don't over cook! Watch the cookies!!)

6. Transfer to wire rack -- top with frosting when cooled.

Wow, that was simple, eh? Go enjoy....in moderation!!

1 comment:

  1. Did you say enjoy in MODERATION?? Oops!! These were so tasty! Thanks for sharing. I loved the frosting and it was fun to have pumpkin in May.

    ReplyDelete