Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Swiss Steak

Mmmhmm my husband loved this! The flavors were SO good, and the meat extremely tender! It was easy to cook and did not require any foreign ingredients/spices! I love when I can just open up a recipe and find that I have all the ingredients already...love that! :)


Recipe:
  • 1 lb boneless beef round steak (cut 3/4" thick if needed)
  • 1 Tbs All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1 Tbs Cooking Oil
  • 1 (14.5oz) can dice tomatoes with basil/garlic/and oregano - undrained
  • 1 small Onion, sliced and separated into rings
  • 1/2 cup sliced celery
  • 1/2 cup sliced carrot
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into four serving-size pieces. Combine flour, salt, and pepper. With a notched side of a meat mallet, pound flour mixture into meat. (*note: I do not have a meat pounder (gasp!) - but what I do that works well is I take a knife and jab the meat a few times, than place the meat and ingredients into a large sealed plastic bag and shake around and coat real well, pounding in with my hand and squishing, etc...)

2. In a large skillet brown meat on both sides in hot oil. Drain off fat. Add undrained tomatoes, onion, celery and carrot. bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 1 and a quarter hours or until meat is tender.

3. Hey, guess what. No step 3. You're done! Yes, it was that easy. Nice job~ I served mine with mashed potatoes, green beans and Nun's Puffs! (see recipe post for Nun's puffs)


No comments:

Post a Comment